If you witness or are involved in an accident in a park, report it to the park staff or the Parks and Recreation Department, 665-5678.
The possession of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on park property. Frederick County Parks and Recreation reserves the right to inspect coolers and containers.
Smoking/e-cigarettes are prohibited within athletic complexes, fields, playgrounds, and swimming pool areas.
Animals and Pets
Animals must be kept under control at all times. Pets must be on leash no longer than six feet. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets. Pets are prohibited on or within 50 feet of athletic complexes or fields, playgrounds, and swimming pool areas, with the exception of service animals.
All park roadways are considered public roadways and are subject to all state and local laws. The speed limit is 15 MPH unless otherwise posted. Motorized vehicles are restricted to designated roadways and parking areas. No private vehicles are permitted in maintenance areas, on maintenance access roads, or on trails. Parking in areas officially designated for such purposes only, unless directed by park personnel. No overnight parking unless approved by the Parks and Recreation Department.
State game laws govern all fishing in county parks. A trout license required at Clearbrook Park. Boating is prohibited.
Swimming is prohibited in all county park lakes.
Frisbee Golf Course
1. Players must abide by rules posted at beginning of course.
2. Course closed to public during tournaments.
Conduct of Park Visitors
1. No park visitors shall damage, move or remove any park property, either man-made or natural.
2. Persons shall not camp or lodge within any park.
3. No intoxicated person shall enter or remain in the parks.
4. Boisterous, riotous, threatening, or indecent conduct or language shall not be allowed in the parks.
5. No loitering.
6. Metal detecting, digging or excavating on park property is prohibited unless written permission is granted by the Parks and Recreation Director or his designee.
7. Gambling or betting is not permitted on park property. Bingo’s or raffles may be held at the discretion of the Director and are limited to the area secured by the renter. Solicitation to other park patrons will not be permitted.
8. Park visitors shall not enter, cross, trespass or disturb adjacent land or property.
9. No feeding, hunting, molesting, trapping, harassing or destroying of animals or wildlife in parks.
10. Public gatherings, concerts or public entertainment are prohibited unless approved by the Parks and Recreation Department.
11. Amplified/Power Assisted Music is allowed by Permit Only.
12. The use of a generator is prohibited unless approved in advance by the Parks and Recreation Department.
13. Fires are restricted to approved cooking and picnic grills, must be attended at all times, and must be completely extinguished.
14. Trash receptacles are provided for the use of park visitors. No private or commercial litter shall be placed in or on any park property.
15. The carrying or discharging of fireworks or explosives is prohibited.
16. Repairs to vehicles are not allowed in the parks, except in the case of emergency.
17. The public is restricted from entering the maintenance facility.
18. No person shall buy, sell or solicit contributions nor distribute or post handbills, or advertisements.
19. Solicitation and the distribution of advertisements/flyers are prohibited unless approved by the Parks and Recreation Department.
20. No overnight parking unless approved by the Parks and Recreation Department
1. Parks will open at 8 a.m. and close at the time posted or at the discretion of the Department.
2. Natural areas and adjacent parking areas shall close at dark.
3. The Parks and Recreation Department and/or the Park Manager may close a park when activities are canceled due to inclement weather or due to special events.
During thunder and lightning, park patrons are encouraged to return to their cars. Please visit http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov for additional safety tips.
1. Riders must wear a life preserver.
2. No standing in boat.
3. No horseplay or changing boats once away from the dock.
4. Docking permitted at boat dock only.
5. No fishing from boats.
6. Swimming is prohibited in county lakes.
7. Children under twelve (12) years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
8. FCPRD reserves the right to cancel rides without a refund.
1. Persons with open sores or infectious diseases not permitted in pool.
2. Shower before entering pool.
3. No jumping or diving from the deck.
4. Glass containers are strictly prohibited.
5. Children 12 years and under must be accompanied and supervised by an adult. FCPRD is not responsible for unsupervised minors.
6. Horseplay, dunking, throwing people or objects prohibited.
7. Approved lifejackets permitted. No flotation devices, fins, or snorkels.
8. Bathing suits ONLY; cut-offs and street clothes not acceptable in pools.
9. Food permitted in designated areas only.
10. No chewing gum.
11. Refunds will not be issued due to inclement weather.
12. FCPRD is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
13. Swim test may be required.
1. Six years and under only.
2. All children must be supervised by an adult.
3. Snug plastic pants over diapers required.
1. One diver on a board at a time.
2. Alternate board use.
3. Front entry off board only.
4. Swim directly to closest ladder after diving.
1. No alcohol or tobacco allowed on the premise.
2. No dogs allowed on premises/in facilities with the exception of service animals.
3. Food and drinks only allowed in specified areas.
4. Shoes with wheels are not allowed in the gymnasium.
5. No climbing on the bleachers when they are in the “closed” position.
6. Only approved activities are allowed in the Centers.
1. Park facilities are reserved by phone or in person at the main office, 8 a.m. to 5p.m. during regular County working days or online 24/7. Reservations will be accepted on a first come-first served basis beginning the first day of business each calendar year.
2. All shelter reservations must be made at least one (1) business days in advance. Payment is due upon reservation.
3. Request for refunds or cancellation made five (5) business days before the scheduled reservation will be assessed a 20% administrative fee. No refunds will be given with less than five (5) days notice. No refunds will be given for inclement weather unless the park is closed by our department.
4. Rental fee maybe waived by the Director of Parks and Recreation.
5. Groups using a reserved area will be held responsible for clean-up of said area. If facilities or equipment are damaged or destroyed or if extraordinary maintenance is required after the rental use, the renter will be billed the cost of cleanup and/or repairs.
If your group is having a vendor (caterer, DJ, pony rides, amusements, etc.) providing services for your activity and would need access to a restricted area, the vendor must obtain a vendor permit from the Parks and Recreation Department at least five (5) working days prior to the date of your activity and present the permit to the Park Ranger on the day of your event.