In 1953, after two large fires in the community, the Round Hill Community Fire Company was formed. Two gentlemen sitting under a shade trees of a home on Poorhouse Road talking decided the community needed some form of fire protection. They started talking to other residents and decided to have a community meeting. The meeting was held in August 1953 at Round Hill Community Center with approximately 50 people in attendance. The Company purchased a 1953 pick-up from Earl Shade & Co. and constructed a fire truck for calls with a homemade tank (235 gallon), a Hale Portable Pump, and 150 ft. of hose.
In 1957, the fire company built the station on Round Hill Road. Prior to this, a fire engine was housed in a small garage along Northwestern Pike, just east of the present station's location. When Frederick County's "First Responder" Program began in the 1980s, Round Hill added Emergency Medical Services to their response area by operating an ambulance owned by Winchester Volunteer Rescue Squad out of their station. This sped up EMS services to the western side of Frederick County since Winchester Rescue had to respond from the town of Winchester. Round Hill eventually purchased their own ambulance for their department. The station is staffed with volunteers and two career personnel 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
The station's apparatus includes:
- 2 ALS (Advanced Life Support) ambulances
- 1 Fire Engine
- A Rescue Engine to assist with Vehicle Accident Extrication
- An Attack mini-pumper