Emergencies can happen at any time and place.
- Have an updated home safety plan/emergency plan and practice it with all members of your family.
- Keep enough water and non-perishable food on hand for up to 3 days per person in your household.
- Be vigilant to your surroundings.
- In the event of a power outage, remember to run all generators outside - in well ventilated areas and keep nearby windows closed to prevent Carbon Monoxide from entering the home.
- Do Not drive through flooded roadways. "Turn Around, Don't Drown"
- In case of evacuation, pets should not be left behind. However, do not risk your own life to find them if you need to evacuate quickly.
- Make sure to add items to your emergency kits to care for your pets.