- Bidders List - Register with eVA to receive formal solicitation notices (see Bidder Registration).
Vendor Registration - Register with Frederick County when/if payment is necessary. Download the Substitute W-9/ACH/Vendor Registration form here.
- Informal Procurement - Purchases under $50,000 - no formal notification process.
- Individual county departmental staff responsible for purchases.
- Merchants should make contact and establish relationship directly with department. Click here for county department directory.
- IFB & RFP notices posted on eVA at least 10 days prior to the due date (see Bidder Registration).
- RFP notices advertised in the Winchester Star at least 10 days prior to the due date.
- There is extensive information available on-line, including step-by-step instructions for obtaining a license. For complete business license information click here.
- Owner(s) name(s)
- Trade name (Fictitious name filing may be required)
- Type of Business Entity
- Name and title of all memeber of the Business Entity (e.g., officers, partners etc.)
- Physical address
- Contact information including: mailing address,email address, phone no., etc.
- SSN or EIN
- Estimated gross receipts for the first year
- Category of Business
- Date business is starting
- Approved zoning review form
- Additional forms are required for contractors
For complete business license information click here.
- An application is available on-line for completion and submission here.
- Printable forms can be download from our website and faxed or mailed.
- Come to the Commissioner of the Revenue's office at 107 North Kent St Winchester VA.
- A business license can be obtained in the same day, if all documents are presented fully completed and payment is made.
Gross receipts under $100,000 are assessed a flat rate.
- $4000 - $14,999 gross receipts: $30.00 fixed fee
- $15,000 - $99,999 gross receipts: $50.00 fixed fee
Gross Receipts of $100,000 or more:
- Retail: 20¢ per $100
- Contractor: 16¢ per $100
- Service: 36¢ per $100
- Professional Service: 58¢ per $100
- Wholesale: 5¢ per $100 (Based on gross purchases)
- Additional flat rates for specific categories
- We prefer that you file online at www.frederickcountyva.gov/biztax. It's quick as a click! Business Licenses must be renewed by March 1 and paid for by April 1.
- A "short-term rental property tax" is imposed on persons engaged in a short-term rental property business. All those engaged in the business of renting daily rental property are categorized as retail merchants for purposes of a business license tax in Frederick County. A "manufacturer / machinery and tools tax" is imposed on all tangible personal property owned, leased, rented, or borrowed, which was used or available for use in manufacturing which was located in Frederick County as of January 1 of any year. The deadline for filing an annual M&T tax return (Form 762M) is March 15th each year. A "processor tax" is imposed on all tangible personal property owned, leased, rented, or borrowed, which was used or available for use in processing which was located in Frederick County as of January 1 of any year. The deadline for filing an annual Processor tax return (Form 762P) is March 15th each year. See our website for more information regarding these taxes.