We do not always know when emergencies or disasters will occur but if we plan ahead and know what to do before they happen, we will be better prepared to face them. Disasters can be acts of nature such as tornadoes, floods, and winter storms, or man-made events such as a hazardous materials spill, failure of a utility system, or an act of terrorism.
This page is designed to provide you with information pertaining to the status of Frederick's emergency management system as well as links to useful information in planning and preparing for emergencies and disasters.
Additional information can be found at:
- Ready Virginia
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management (VDEM)
Local Emergency Planning Committee
The Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) was formed in accordance with the “Emergency Planning and Community Right-To-Know Act of 1986” (Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act ‘SARA’), Title II, 42 U.S.C. Section 11001)”. The LEPC’s purpose is to prepare an emergency plan to minimize the impact upon the community of possible releases of hazardous materials.
The LEPC’s memberships is comprised of elected local and state officials, police, fire and rescue, public health professionals, community groups and the local media.
All meetings begin at 3:00 pm.
- July 5, 2017 - Frederick County Public Safety Center
- September 6, 2017 - Timbrook Public Safety Center
- November 1, 2017 - Frederick County Public Safety Center
- Chairman, Tim Ray - (540) 667-6666, ext. 211
- Vice Chairman, Jeffrey Vaughan - (540) 869-8296
- Secretary, L.A. Miller - (540) 545-4721
- Chamber of Commerce
- American Red Cross
- Frederick County Board of Supervisors
- Frederick County Emergency Management
- Frederick County Fire and Rescue
- Frederick County Sheriff’s Office
- O'Sullivan Films
- HP Hood
- Thermo Fisher Diagnostics
- Valley Health
- Virginia Department of Transportation
- Virginia State Representatives
- Winchester City Council
- Winchester Emergency Management
- Winchester Fire & Rescue Department
- Winchester Star
- Rezin Inc.
- Citizens at Large